We are into the third year of the creative project which has been growing considerably, and now has its own identity.
rethinkyourmind is born out of the Leicester based Community Interest Company SISO (Safe Inside Safe Outside) with the desire to raise awareness of mental health, help people look at the subject from a positive perspective, and bring a sense of community into circumstances that can make people feel disconnected.
Citizens Eye has partnered up with the project to enhance the support and extend the reach in to the wider communities.
The poetry and artwork brief for the project asked people to take a positive look at mental health by completing the sentence
'With good mental health I have...'
- 2 selected poems create the lyrics for the 2 singles to be released from Urban Fusion Artist Rubie Colt and Acoustic Rock Band Refuge.
- 2 selected pieces of artwork will be made into the front covers for the 2 iTunes Releases
- 2 selected poems will be recorded as spoken word for the B sides for the singles.
- All tracks will be made available for free download on this site in 2013
Every entry whether in the poetry or the artwork category features on this site for everyone to browse and view.
- 20 selected poems feature in the book
- 20 selected pieces of artwork feature in the book
A wonderful addition to this year's project will be a book containing all the information available on the website for people who do not have access to the Internet.
Artwork and poetry have been selected by professionals at the top of their field. 20 further selected pieces in the artwork category and 20 further selected pieces in the poetry category feature in the book alongside the work from the music singles
The book also features information inspired by the SISO toolkit which was developed to aid recovery and give a greater understanding of our personal wellbeing.
Information and signposting is also be included . Each Charity and organisation involved have their own page dedicated to the great work that they do, with signposts for you to gather as much or as little
information as you desire.
The book also includes a copy of the CD single’s that will be released on iTunes in 2013.