was created by those with experience of mental health challenges, themselves service users – it’s purpose is to creatively support positive mental health.
rethinkyourmind 2014 Project
rethinkyourmind 2012 Project
People submitted work from all over the country.
The poetry and artwork brief for the project asked people to take a positive look at mental health by completing the sentence:
'With good mental health I have...'
- 2 selected poems created the lyrics for 2 singles by Urban Fusion Artist Rubie Colt and Acoustic Rock Band Refuge.
- 2 selected pieces of artwork made the front covers for the 2 iTunes Releases
- 2 selected poems were recorded as spoken word for the B sides for the singles.
- All tracks are available for free download click here ...
Every entry in the poetry and artwork category featured on this site for everyone to browse and view.
The Yellow Book
- 20 selected poems featured in the book
- 20 selected pieces of artwork featured in the book
The Yellow Book contained all the information available on the rethinkyourmind website for people who do not have access to the Internet.
Artwork and poetry were selected by professionals at the top of their field.
The book had information inspired by the SISO Toolkit which was developed to aid wellbeing and promote self help techniques. It also featured recovery information and support from the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, Royal College of Psychiatrists and the NHS Confederation MHN
Information and signposting was also included. Each Charity and organisation involved have their own page dedicated to the great work that they do, with signposts for you to gather as much or as little
information as you desire.